- Lobby Day for Clean Air at the state capitol this Wednesday, Feb. 15th from 10:30 AM till 1 PM (or 4 PM if you stay for the hearing). Join us to let our lawmakers know that #WeLoveCleanAir and expect them to take steps to make Oregon’s air healthier during the 2017 state legislative session. Details and sign-up right here.
- Intel Air Quality Advisory Committee (AQAC) meeting (also) on Feb. 15th from 6 to 8 PM. These committee meetings are essential to the success of the Good Neighbor Agreement (GNA) we forged with Intel to reduce its emissions for healthier local air. Showing up lets the Intel folks know that the community cares. Do you? Agenda and background here.
- New Oregon DEQ Director. The Oregon Environmental Quality Commission will hold a special meeting at1 PM on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017, to discuss and take action on the next steps in the DEQ director’s recruitment process . The meeting will be in the 3rd floor conference room at the DEQ headquarters, 700 NE Multnomah Street in Portland. For more information, including the “listen in” conference line for people who wish to connect by phone, please visit the meeting agenda page.
- Environmental Justice Matters: Save the Date for an EPA-sponsored workshop focused on bringing together government decision makers and EJ community groups to partner effectively to clean Oregon’s unhealthy air. Details here.
- Attend a state Town Hall. With our state legislative session more 2 weeks underway, our lawmakers are hosting gathering to connect with their constituents, many of which are in their districts which means you can go without heading to Salem. So go! We invite you to: 1) identify your representatives, 2) get on their email lists, 3) call and ask when the next Town Hall is (and while you’re on the line why not mention clean air?), and 4) go and raise your hand to ask what they are doing to clean Oregon’s air this session. Not sure what to say? Call us: 971.319.1247. In the Portland area, here are a few:
Sen. Kathleen Taylor and Rep. Karin Power
Saturday, 2/25 @ 10 AM
Willamette View Terrace
13169 SE River Road, Portland
These actions may not feel like a huge march or a 1,500-person town hall with a US Senator, but rest assured, this, too, is resisting and very much what democracy looks like. Really hope to see you at the state capital on the 15th!