Neighbors for Clean Air (NCA) seeks to make public health a priority in Oregon’s air quality standards and programs for toxic emissions.
NCA Strongly Believes That:
1) As citizens, we all have a right to know what is in the air we breathe;
2) Short term and long term exposure to air toxics* are harmful to our health, with our children at greatest risk; and
3) An engaged and well-informed public working closely with community organizations, government agencies, regulators and businesses is our most powerful tool in bringing about fundamental change in our laws and enforcement programs to reduce air toxics. The result will be safer air and a higher quality of life.
* Air toxics are defined as hazardous air pollutants known or suspected to cause cancer or other serious health effects.
Current NCA Goals:
- To educate, motivate and activate citizens in efforts to improve air quality in Portland and Oregon.
- To collaborate with our elected officials to promote regulations and policies that best protect public health, including children.
- To work with businesses subject to air quality regulation and provide opportunities for dialogue about their efforts to reduce emissions and the results of those efforts.
- To continue to build a coalition of like minded individuals and organizations to strengthen our public voice.